About the Job
Are you looking for a job with purpose, flexibility, and bags of opportunity to grow a small company?
CWP (Content With Purpose) is seeking a highly organised Creative Content Producer to join our dedicated production team. Working closely with our Head of Content, you will play a crucial role in shaping and delivering engaging, purpose-driven content that inspires progress across a range of industries for a brighter future. This varied and rewarding role will involve creating story outlines and detailed treatments, leading shoots, carrying out interviews in the field and overseeing edits.
CWP exists to communicate solutions that empower sustainable development, with a particular focus on industry / profession specific, solutions-based content to the climate and ecological emergency.
We are storytellers communicating hope, opportunity, and a more positive future. We connect people with ideas; inspiring them to take notice, act and collaborate, and we’re looking for someone to shape, create and deliver engaging digital content, including video and podcasts.
We partner with professional member associations and trade bodies to produce and promote sector-focused ‘digital series’ for their industries. These series include multi-platform, ‘narrowcast’ content; including documentaries, short films, interviews, podcasts and written material.
These digital series are aimed at supporting professionals to drive progress within their sectors towards a positive future. Our innovative, purpose driven content is case study and character-led; highlighting the issues, the solutions and the required innovations to speed the transition to net zero and a more sustainable future.
Our digital series feature people and organisations at the forefront of pushing their industries towards a sustainable future, whether that be through exciting technological innovation or rethinking the way business is done. These pioneering stories are aimed at stakeholders across government, the private sector and non-profits.
‘Leading the Way to a World Beyond Waste’ is a digital series that CWP produced in collaboration with CIWM (the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management) and which launched in September 2023. It explores the essential role of the resources and waste management sector in advancing circularity and protecting the world’s environment and resources for future generations. You can navigate through the content produced for this project here.
- Storytelling: Use your creative storytelling skills to convey complex sustainability concepts in an engaging and accessible manner. The role involves leading meetings to extract stories that reflect our business values and campaign objectives.
- Content Creation: Produce creative and compelling content across various platforms, including podcasts, articles, videos and more, to educate and inspire our audience on sustainable practices.
- Research and Planning: Conduct thorough research on sustainability topics, both specific to our content partners and member bodies as well as wider trends to ensure that our content remains up-to-date, accurate, and relevant.
- Content Development: Work closely with videographers and to create visually appealing and impactful content – ensuring that the purpose of every piece of content is clear from the conception through to the post production and delivery.
- Producing: Work with our content partners to ensure that every piece of content is consistent from a quality and messaging perspective. This is from the initial scripting phase, through to the edit and also on location.
- Interviewing: Film with a camera crew on location to interview experts and contributors and get the best possible outcome every time. If not on location, then work with the interviewees beforehand to brief and prepare anyone taking part in the filming.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with subject matter experts, internal teams, and external partners to gather information and develop content that reflects industry best practices.
- Digital Sensibilities: eg SEO, influencer marketing and content creation to drive organic traffic and increase visibility.
- Brand Guidelines: Ensure that all content aligns with our brand guidelines and tone of voice, while also adhering to sustainability messaging and practices.
Experience, Skills and Interests
- Proven experience as a Content Producer or similar role, with a focus on sustainability or related fields
- Background in Production, Communications, Marketing, Sustainability, or a related field
- Experience developing different formats for digital platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex sustainability concepts to a wide audience
- Strong understanding of sustainable practices, environmental issues, and social responsibility
- Proficiency in content creation tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or similar software
- Creative mindset with the ability to think outside the box and come up with innovative content ideas
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality content
- Proactive, self-motivated, positive, ambitious
- A good sense of humour!
- Making a positive difference in the world, purpose
- Committed to delivering sustainable production.
Why should you join CWP?
- Have purpose to your work, by communicating solutions to climate change and other societal issues
- Working with purpose led people and organisations
- Get exposure to world leading experts and organisations, in turn learning a huge amount across a range of fascinating topics
- Help grow an exciting new business and have positive impact
- Become a vital part of a small, friendly, and inclusive team
- Opportunity to grow your own team
- Hybrid / flexible working – mix of home and office-based work (London office currently Euston)
- Regular team meet ups, meals out and event attendance.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary ranging from £36-41K (dependant on experience)
- Company and individual performance based annual bonus – 5%
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays (rising with years of service)
- Pension scheme
- Laptop / monitors / homeworking set-up
- Annual wellbeing allowance
- Flexible working hours.
If this sounds like the role for you, and you are excited by the opportunity to use your skills to help inspire positive change, we’d love to hear from you! Please share your application with your CV and salary expectations via LinkedIn by 2nd Feb 2024.
Please note: CWP is committed to applying its equal opportunities policy at all stages of recruitment and selection. Shortlisting, interviewing and selection will always be carried out without regard to gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, age, pregnancy or maternity leave or trade union membership.